Today's recipe was kind of a request. I received a comment yesterday on the Sugar Cookies asking if I had a recipe for sugar cookie icing. I've found one =) This one's for you For The The Love of Coupons, and of course anyone else :-p
Sugar Cookies Icing
3 c. sifted confectioner's sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/2 tsp. vanilla
Dash of salt
Combine sugar, milk, vanilla and salt; mix well. Add food coloring. Frost cookies. Add candy sprinkles if desired. Will frost approximately 5 dozen cookies.
-----------------------------------Don't go yet! I have another recipe. This one is from an online friend of mine from Saudi Arabia. This is called Cream of Wheat Cake
Make the syrup first, then make the squares.
2 cups Cream of Wheat
1/2 cup of soft butter
1 cup plain yoghurt
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Blanched whole almonds
2 egg whites beaten hard to form peaks
3/4 cup syrup from the accross recipe
3 cups sugar -
1 1/2 cups water -
1 1/2 Tbsp. lemon juice
Combine all above ingredients together in saucepan. Stir to dissolve sugar. Bring to boil over medium heat. Turn to low hear, simmer for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
1. Grease 8X8 inch pan with butter for thick squares or a 9X12 inch pan for thins.
2. Combine all ingredients except beaten whites and blanched almonds.
3. Mix well, do not beat. Gently fold beaten egg whites into mixture. Pour mixture into pan. Spread batter evenly. Lightly drop pan to settle mixture evenly.
4. Lightly mark batter with knife into squares or diamond shapes. Don't cut through. Put 1 almond in center of each square.
5. Bake in 350 F. oven 40 minutes. Remove and cut through. Continue baking at 375 F. for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and pour remaining cold syrup over squares.
Variation: Add 1/2 - 3/4 cup desiccated coconut to mixture.