5 lbs. boneless pork butt shoulder
1 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. water
soft sandwich buns
1. Combine all seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast.
2. Place meat in a 6-quart slow cooker, add water, cover, & cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours or until pork is very tender.
3. Place pork on large cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
4. Pull, slice, or chop to serve
5. Serve in buns with bbq sauce.
I signed up with Cooking Club and received my first magazine the other day. I will now be offereing daily recipes & tips.
Today's tip: Fresh Tomato Sauce
Combine 4 diced tomatoes, minced garlic, chopped pitted Kalamata olives, chopped fresh marjoram or orejano, olive oil, salt, and a pinch of crushed red pepper. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes to draw juices from the tomatoes. Toss with 8 oz. hot spaghetti.