Monday, January 31, 2011
5 tbsp butter, softened
1 c. flour
5/8 c. sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
scant 1/2 c. strong brewed coffee (like espresso)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins or use paper liners.
2. Beat butter. Add sugar and beat 3-4 minutes or until it is light in color and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time. Mix well. Add vanilla.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
5. Add flour to the egg mix alternately with the coffee. Stir until smooth.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
8 tbsp (1 stick) butter
4 c. confectioner’s sugar
8-10 tbsp sweetened condensed milk (or more as needed)
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
1. Cream the butter.
2. Gradually work in the sugar, alternating with the sweetened condensed milk. Beat well after each addition.
3. Stir in vanilla and salt. If it is too thick to spread, add a little more of the milk.