White Chocolate Peppermint BarkIngredients
* 10 regular size candy canes
* 2 pounds (1 kg) white chocolate
1. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or parchment paper. Unwrap candy canes and place in a heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag. With a hammer or rolling pin, crush the candy into chunks (less than 1/4-inch in size). Set aside.
2. In a double boiler or saucepan set over a pot of hot (not boiling) water, melt white chocolate, stirring until smooth. Be careful not to scorch the chocolate, as white chocolate scorches easily. Stir in most of the crushed candy canes, reserving about 1/4 cup of chunks to sprinkle on top.
3. Pour chocolate mixture onto prepared cookie sheet, spreading into an even layer. Sprinkle the reserved chunks on top. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.
4. Remove bark from parchment paper and break into chunks by hand. Store in a tightly covered container.
5. Fancy shmancy variation: Drizzle the bark with melted semisweet chocolate before refrigerating for a two-tone zebra-striped effect.
Servings: About 2 lbs.