Christmas isn't Christmas without Gingerbread Cookies =)
* 3/4 cup butter, softened
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1 egg
* 3/4 cup molasses
* 4 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons ground ginger
* 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* Vanilla frosting of your choice
* Red and green paste food coloring
* Preheat oven to 350°
* In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and molasses. *Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
*Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight or until easy to handle.
* On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place 1 in. apart on un-greased baking sheets.
*Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm.
*Remove to wire racks to cool.
*Tint some of the frosting red and some green.
Makes 5 dozen