* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 3 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 cup milk
* 2 eggs
* 4 tablespoons butter, melted
* 1 tablespoon butter, softened
* 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon milk
1. Preheat waffle iron. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cocoa. Stir in milk, eggs and butter until mixture is smooth.
2. To make hard sauce: stir together softened butter, confectioners' sugar, vanilla extract and milk. Sauce should be fairly stiff.
3. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot with hard sauce.