1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp coffee extract or 2 tsp freeze-dried coffee granules dissolved in 1 tbsp boiling water
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Butter two cookie sheets.
3) Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl.
4) Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until creamy.
5) Add the coffee extract and vanilla.
6) Mix in the dry ingredients to form a smooth dough.
7) Roll into balls the size of walnuts and place 1 1/2 inches apart on the prepared baking sheet, pressing down lightly.
8) Press three hazelnuts into the tops.
9) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.
10) Let cool & enjoy.